Register

uh oh...uncle perc's something less than weekly LOST spoilers thread

I think it's a sort of cheese.

Postby Hollie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Jzishka - 85 Enhancement Shaman
Gunilda - 85 Balance Druid

Postby Perc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:34 pm

full version http://lost.tvhatch.com/video/204

(site is russian, so i take no responsibility if you get a virus!)

[spoiler]so apparently the explanation for the pregnant women is radiation from the "incident." i was disappointed by that, i like my time travel/ethan was supposed to die theory better

there was no indication that jacob created dharma, the origins of the company aren't delved into as far as i could tell, and the room 23 interrogation reveal doesn't seem to make sense if jacob had created it.

nothing new about the numbers

the second half was much better. they were able to work walt in believably even though he was older, and by making him the new jacob and saying he belonged on the island all along, it was a nice wrap up to him having super human abilities, etc. the second half of the epilogue was perfect i thought[/spoiler]

Postby Whitelight » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Another link here.

[spoiler]
Perc wrote:there was no indication that jacob created dharma, the origins of the company aren't delved into as far as i could tell, and the room 23 interrogation reveal doesn't seem to make sense if jacob had created it.

This interrogation business could be after Dharma was corrupted by MiB. That could have happened early on, in fact. It's just a theory, but I still like it. I doubt Dharma would have been brought to the island without Jacob's intent/permission.

You mean that Walt is the new Richard, right? Because Hurley offers Walt "a job" just like Jacob offered Richard "a job."

I really like this, too. Though I still want more explanation about the origins of Dharma.[/spoiler]
Active
Windshield - 80 Prot Warrior
Whiteblight - 80 Death Knight
Crumbs - Auction Alt
Inactive
Spaceknight - 80 Holy/Ret Paladin
Starshards - 80 Frost/Fire Mage
Whitelight - 70 Holy/Shadow Priest
Thunderlocks - 70 Rogue

Postby Evil Robot » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:40 pm

[spoiler]
You mean that Walt is the new Richard, right? Because Hurley offers Walt "a job" just like Jacob offered Richard "a job."

I think Walt's getting a new "job." I think Ben remains the new Richard, but they want Walt to work on putting the whispering dead people to rest or something, a task he may be suited for since he is "special."[/spoiler]
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation." - Mahatma Gandhi

Postby Whitelight » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:22 pm

[spoiler]I don't think Ben is exactly the new Richard. Richard was kind of an occasional go-between who Jacob kept in the dark on most things. Ben is a real #2 who carries out specific tasks and seems to work side-by-side with Hurley. Their relationship is really interesting. I especially like how Hurley emerged from the shadows in the van. He's benevolent, but also kind of mysterious/all-knowing. And Ben in the front seems proud and thrilled to finally have a positive role.

I guess Walt is not the new Richard, either. I think you're dead-on about Walt having a job related to the whispers (and his dad). Maybe they have other supernatural projects for him on the island, too. Walt might have a role in making things right on the island, because so many screwed up things have happened there. I can see Hurley having that mission.

I know we're not going to find out, but I wonder how long Hurley and Ben were the caretakers. Jacob was for about 2,000 years.[/spoiler]
Active
Crumbs - Auction Alt
Inactive
Thunderlocks - 70 Rogue

Postby Perc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:39 pm

[spoiler]no, i meant i think walt is the new jacob. we don't know for sure how long ben and hurley stayed guardians of the island. but more to the point, walt is "special" he had special abilities, such as making the birds come to him all the time.

richard never had any special abilities beyond the immortality that was granted to him by jacob. combine that uniqueness with the parallel of walt being in the same mental hospital as hurley, i saw it as hurley looking for his replacement so he could move on. one could see walt in the hospital as a parallel. walt replaced hurley in the hospital, now he can replace him on the island.

as with most things on lost, it's open to a number of interpretations[/spoiler]

Postby Whitelight » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:56 pm

[spoiler]Wow, really? I don't buy that at all. Hurley just got the job, and he already wants a replacement so he can move on? Maybe Hurley will give Walt immortality, and maybe Walt will be the new protector sometime in the future, but I'd imagine Hurley would want a slightly longer tenure as protector. Jacob gets 2,000 years, and Hurley gets, what, a year or less? (It takes place in "present day," and Walt is still a teenager.)[/spoiler]
Active
Crumbs - Auction Alt
Inactive
Thunderlocks - 70 Rogue

Postby Perc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Whitelight wrote:[spoiler]Wow, really? I don't buy that at all. Hurley just got the job, and he already wants a replacement so he can move on? Maybe Hurley will give Walt immortality, and maybe Walt will be the new protector sometime in the future, but I'd imagine Hurley would want a slightly longer tenure as protector. Jacob gets 2,000 years, and Hurley gets, what, a year or less? (It takes place in "present day," and Walt is still a teenager.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]not necessarily. hurley never actually wanted the job per se. as far as tenure, how long was jack's tenure? a few hours? of course, you don't have to buy it, it's just my opinion ;) like i said, multiple interpretations are allowed![/spoiler]

Previous

Return to What is a The Pretend Heroes?